Dr. Peggy Edwards, Dean: (660) 446-2003

The American Guild of Organists fosters the appreciation and enjoyment of organ and choral music through recitals and workshops.

TEMPLE ADATH JOSEPH was organized in 1857, and worshipped in a refitted church at Sixth & Edmond, which later burned.  In 1859, a new synagogue was built at Sixth and Jules and served until the present Greek revival style temple, designed by local architect, Alfred Meier, was built at 15th and Felix in 1910.  The original pipe organ was built and installed by the M. P. Moller Co. of Hagerstown, Maryland, and was replaced by the present organ, built by the same firm in 1955

 

 

SPECIFICATION 

TEMPLE ADATH JOSEPH

M. P. MOLLER ORGAN CO., Hagerstown, Maryland  Opus 9940, 1955

II/9  Electro-pneumatic action

For full information on what these stops mean, click HERE

 GREAT ORGAN

16’ Bourdon

  8’ Diapason

  8’ Gedeckt (ext.)

  8’ Dulciana

  4’ Octave (ext.)

  4’ Gedeckt (ext.)

  2’ Flute (ext.)

      Mixture II

      Tremulant

      Chimes

SWELL ORGAN

   8’ Viola de Gambe

  8’ Viol Celeste TC

  4’ Nachthorn

  4’ Gamba (ext.)

  2’ Nachthorn (ext.)

16’ Trompette

  8’ Trompette

  4’ Clarion

PEDAL ORGAN (Borrowed)

16’ Bourdon

  8’ Diapason

  8’ Gedeckt

  8’ Dulciana

  4’ Octave

 

 

 

    

Information provided by David Lewis

Web Design by Wally Bloss

 


Updated February 18, 2010 .  2000 Allied Arts Council of St. Joseph, Inc. Special thanks to CCP Online for hosting this site. Funding for this site has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council.