Dr. Peggy Edwards, Dean: (660) 446-2003

The American Guild of Organists fosters the appreciation and enjoyment of organ and choral music through recitals and workshops.

 

ST. JAMES CHURCH

ST. JAMES PARISH was organized in 1900 by Bishop Maurice F. Burke to serve the “South Side” neighborhood of Saint Joseph.  The present Romanesque style building, designed by the local firm of Eckel & Aldrich was built about 1912 at King Hill Avenue and Michigan.  In 1915, the parish purchased a 7 rank tracker pipe organ from the organ firm of George Kilgen & Son, St. Louis.  This instrument was rebuilt by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc. in 1986, at which time several ranks were replaced in order to increase the organ’s tonal palette.

 

Interior of St. James Church

 

Early Postcard of Interior

 

Note: Tiny type below photograph above says:

Main Altar, Side Altars, Railing and Statues made by Regalico, specially designed and executed by

Daparato Statuary Company, Chicago - New York

 

Console

 

 

SPECIFICATION 

ST. JAMES PARISH

GEORGE KILGEN & SON ORGAN CO., St. Louis, Missouri

Opus 3032, 1915

Rebuilt by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc., Warrensburg, Missouri, 1986

II/8  Tracker action

For full information on what these stops mean, click HERE

 GREAT ORGAN

8’ Rohrflute

4’ Principal

1 1/3’ Mixture II

SWELL ORGAN

  8’ Stopped Flute

4’ Spitz Flute

2’ Principal

PEDAL ORGAN 

  16’ Subbass

    

 

Information provided by David Lewis

Web Design by Wally Bloss

 


Updated February 18, 2010 .  2000 Allied Arts Council of St. Joseph, Inc. Special thanks to CCP Online for hosting this site. Funding for this site has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council.